This policy was ratified by the Board of Management of Scoil Oilibhéir on the 27th May 2014 and will be reviewed after one year.
Aims of the Policy
- To foster a school ethos of mutual and self-respect
- To raise awareness of bullying as a form of unacceptable behaviour
- To outline, promote and raise awareness of preventative approaches that can be used in response to reported incidences of bullying
- To develop a programme of support for those affected by bullying behaviour and for those involved in bullying behaviour
- To outline procedures for noting and reporting instances of bullying behaviour
- To outline procedures for investigating and dealing with incidents of bullying behaviour
We are also adding an appendix to the policy to deal with the area of cyber bullying.