All classes from Junior Infants to 6th class will get homework. Homework will be introduced to Junior Infant classes during the course of the year, at a time when the class teacher feels it is appropriate.
- All pupils do not necessarily get the same homework – provision is made for children with differing ability.
- There is a balance between oral, reading and written work.
- Pupils in 2nd to 6th classes have a homework journal. Pupils in Senior Infants and First Class have homework copies.
- Parents are expected to sign the homework journal/ copy on nights when homework is given.
- Homework is not given at weekends.
- On special occasions pupils may be given homework off.
Time guidelines are as follows:
- N. Shóis / 10 mins + library book
- N. Shin / 10 – 15 mins + CAPER
- Rang 1 / 15 mins + CAPER
- Rang 2 / 20 mins + CAPER
- Rang 3 / 30 – 35 mins + CAPER
- Rang 4 / 40 – 45 mins + library book
- Rang 5 / 45 mins
- Rang 6 / 1 hour
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact us on 021 430 9171 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org